[postgis-devel] invalid memory alloc request size

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Thu Jun 9 07:22:21 PDT 2005

Hello,

Markus Schaber wrote:

> The following happens with PostGIS 1.0.0 as well as a 1.1CVS, on both
> i386 and AMD-64.
>
> lwgeom11=# select isvalid('GEOMETRYCOLLECTION EMPTY'::geometry);
> ERROR:  invalid memory alloc request size 0

While we are at it:

lwgeom11=# select multi('GEOMETRYCOLLECTION EMPTY'::geometry);
ERROR:  invalid memory alloc request size 0

I know that it may be nonsense to call multi() on an empty collection,
but this was where it had bitten us as we called multi() on the result
of an intersection() operation.

Markus