[postgis-devel] GeomUnion Performance Info

Bill Binko bill at binko.net
Wed Jun 22 17:30:22 PDT 2005

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 strk at refractions.net wrote:

> Similar in terms of performances also or just visual effect ?
> Did you try the short-circuit tests ? Would you add curves
> for them as well if you do ?

The performance in in the graph as "Spatial Index".  I thought that's what
ORDER BY was using when I did the graphs.  It is similar to, but slower
than, the clustered GiST.

I suppose I can cluster on the attribute I just added which would give a
clustered btree number.  I can add that to the list if you think it's
worth it.

I have not doing the short-circuit yet, as I will need to upgrade PostGIS
from 1.1rc6 to CVS HEAD which may be painful.  (I just don't want daytime
downtime on it.)

Bill