[postgis-devel] RC3 build/install script bugs

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Thu Mar 3 03:51:13 PST 2005

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 12:07:51PM +0100, Markus Schaber wrote:
> Hi, strk,
>
> strk at refractions.net schrieb:
> > I've added generated files into CVS.
> > These are: lex.yy.c wktparse.tab.c wktparse.tab.h
> > ``make clean'' won't get rid of them.
> > Changes will be notified by cvs client (removed from .cvsignore).
>
> Fine.
>
> What do you think about a "make distclean", "make maintainerclean" or
> "make mrproper" (there's no common name?) that helps deleting even those
> files?

make distclean seems fine to me.
It would drop those file, so running from a release
would put you in the old-times-state (need FLEX/YACC installed and
set correctly).
Note tough, that building them yourself (even on the same machine)
will generate a different output, so the CVS clients will report
modified files (this seems to be mainly due to $Header$ expansion).
I've had many headhackes with pgsql because of this...
Still worth it ?

--strk;