[postgis-devel] WKB Problems on 64-Bit Linux

Markus Schaber markus at schabi.de
Mon Mar 21 04:34:50 PST 2005

Hi, Mark,

Mark Cave-Ayland schrieb:

>>The bug is fixed for what I can tell.
>>Our "int4" typedef is 8bytes in size :( and this was
>>confusing the code. I didn't force int4 to really be 4 bytes
>>( w/out autoconf I wouldn't know how), but making sure int4
>>vars intended to be written-to from the byte stream readers
>>are initalized to zero fixes the bug.
>>
>>Can all reporting guys check this out ?
>>It's in current CVS, or - if you feel - this is enough:
>>around line 689 in lwgeom/lwgparse.c
>>-       int4 ret;
>>+       int4 ret=0;
>>
> Nice. It would be good to hear back from Markus and David to see whether
> latest CVS solves the problem on their 64-bit platforms before RC4....

I just re-ran the WKB parsing tests against a current CVS checkout on
Itanium, and they pass all test cases now. Good work!

Markus
--
Markus Schaber - http://schabi.de/

But hey!, Standard compliance is something we should strive for, so
let's try and change the Standard :-) [Alexandre Oliva, GCC Developer]