[postgis-devel] Backend crash with RC3 and RC4

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Wed Mar 23 07:16:18 PST 2005

Mark, making some tests with the estimated_extent
I realized that when the analyzer return non-valid
stats (stats->stats_valid = false), the old statistics
are kept:

1=# create table test (geom geometry);
2=# insert into test values ('POINT(0 0)');
3=# vacuum analyze;
4=# select estimated_extent('test','geom');
5=# delete from test;
6=# vacuum analyze;
7=# select estimated_extent('test','geom'); // same result as step 4

Is this expected behaviour from the custom analyzers handler ?

--strk;