[postgis-devel] Transform function for coordinates

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Fri Nov 18 01:44:28 PST 2005

Hi Jeremy,

If you are using PostGIS 1.0 then you should be able to do something like
this which will construct the POINT geometries on the fly:

SELECT transform(setSRID(MakePoint(x, y), <srid_in>), <srid_out>) FROM
node_table;

Also you may be in interested in that I have been working on a patch in
PostGIS CVS that will dramatically increase the speed on queries such as the
ones given above on large datasets - see the thread "Transform() PROJ4 cache
patch" for some example timings.

Kind regards,

Mark.

------------------------
WebBased Ltd
17 Research Way
Plymouth
PL6 8BT

T: +44 (0)1752 797131
F: +44 (0)1752 791023

http://www.webbased.co.uk
http://www.infomapper.com
http://www.swtc.co.uk

This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended recipient
and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please
delete it from your system and notify the sender. You should not copy it or
use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute its contents to any other
person.