[postgis-devel] 1.0.5

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Thu Nov 24 09:22:13 PST 2005

Release 1.0.5 is scheduled for tomorrow.
CHANGES:
        - New "Reporting Bugs" chapter in manual
        - Segfault fix in shp2pgsql (utf8 encoding)
        - Fixed computation of null values fraction in analyzer
        - Fixed return code of shp2pgsql
        - Fixed handling of trailing dots in dbf numerical attributes
        - Schema aware postgis_proc_upgrade.pl, support for pgsql 7.2+
        - Fixed back-compatibility issue in loader (load of null shapefiles)
        - Fixed a small bug in the getPoint4d_p() low-level function
        - Fixed memory alignment problems
        - Speedup of serializer functions
        - Bug fix in force_4d, force_3dm and force_3dz functions

The only concern I have is about shp2pgsql changing return code.
I'm sure the new behaviour is the correct one (EXIT_SUCCESS on
success rather then EXIT_FAILURE), still any existing script using
the return code is going to require a change, and I can't see
an easy way for a script to tell wheter it would be talking to
an old or new version.

Any tip on how could we handle this ?
An environmental variable maybe ?

--strk;