[postgis-devel] Java2D and JTS support

Gustavo Henrique Sberze Ribas gribas at cpqd.com.br
Fri Oct 21 05:27:12 PDT 2005

Hallo Markus,

> One problem is that the SUN collection framework does not allow us to
> use primitive types (like int) to be used as HashMap keys.
> For efficient implementation, I would prefer to use the LGPLed GNU Trove4j
> framework. However, this would either add another build depencency, or burden us
> with the need to maintain our own copy of the Trove code. What do you
> think about it?

  Seems like a sound approach. I'd go for the build dependency, it's not really
a big thing - for developers are used to have several auxiliary libraries
in their projects. Nowadays one can't even write a HelloWorld application without
using log4j, junit and a renderer to output in XML.  ;)

best regards,

--
Gustavo