[postgis-devel] shp2pgsql and shapefiles without vertices

Ingo Klinkmann ingo at logix-tt.com
Fri Oct 28 07:06:45 PDT 2005

hi,

the fixes in shp2pgsql for postgis-1.0.4 changed the behavior when
working with shape-files that don't contain geometries.

The old versions converted the file quite fine, while the new
versions only count the NULL objects and quit.

What is the desired behavior? Was it a bug that the old version worked
for me, or is a a bug that the new one don't?

(all shp2pgsql version >= 1.88.2.7 aren't working for me without patching)

greetings,

Ingo Klinkmann