[postgis-devel] KML from PostGIS patch

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Fri Dec 15 08:26:52 PST 2006

Yes, the key for AsKML() (as with AsGML()) is that the function is
not generating a full document, it is just generating the geometric
piece.  These are really convenience functions, so that client
developers do not have to always parse the WKT or WKB and the re-form
it into GML or KML.  Doing it ahead of time on the database makes the
client code simpler and hopefully a little faster too.