[postgis-devel] GEOS CAPI crash ?

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Thu Jan 12 04:04:10 PST 2006

Sergio, weird enough I'm getting two completely different
results on two hosts (both GNU/Linux, both i386 32bit).

I've reduced the test to this:

	select geosnoop('GEOMETRYCOLLECTION(POINT(0 2),POINT(0 0))');

Can you confirm this still crashes the backend in your host?

I'm getting *both* a *success* and a *failure* with these setup:

 - PostgreSQL 8.0.0 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.4.3
 - POSTGIS="1.1.1CVS" GEOS="2.2.1-CAPI-1.0.1" PROJ="Rel. 4.4.8, 3 May 2004" USE_STATS

... still trying to find out any difference between the hosts ...

--strk;