[postgis-devel] psql -d test -f lwpostgis.sql fails with undefined symbol error

Adam Walker awalker at gnutechnologies.com
Wed Jan 18 11:27:15 PST 2006

Hello
I can not seem to get the spacial types sql file to load properly, postgresql, geos, proj and postgis are all current versions, compiled from source and installed without any obvious problems. I thought I had been careful to follow all build instructions, but somehow perhaps I missed something? I am not finding anything useful in the documentation, and google can tell me nothing.
This is what I am getting, way over my head:

postgres at bill:~$ psql -d test -f lwpostgis.sql
BEGIN
psql:lwpostgis.sql:39: NOTICE: type "histogram2d" is not yet defined
DETAIL: Creating a shell type definition.
psql:lwpostgis.sql:39: ERROR: could not load library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/liblwgeom.so.1.1": /usr/local/lib/libgeos_c.so.1: undefined symbol: _ZN4geos9WKBReader4readERSi
psql:lwpostgis.sql:44: ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:52: ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

any help or direction would be appreciated, thanks!
Adam Walker
GNU Technologies