[postgis-devel] Change of employment

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Tue Jul 18 02:59:33 PDT 2006

Hi everyone,

After nearly four years, I have finally decided that it is time to move
on from my job here at WebBased in order to pursue different challenges.
  I am currently in the process of setting up as a contractor, with the
aim of offering consulting and development services for open source
projects, with an emphasis on solutions involving PostgreSQL and PostGIS.

Probably the most visible change to PostGIS users is that it will no
longer be possible for me to update the Win32 installers page at
http://www.webbased.co.uk/mca/ and so I have been working with Paul to
move the content across onto the Refractions webserver; once this is
complete, I shall place a redirect on the page at
http://www.webbased.co.uk/mca/ back to the Refractions webserver and ask
Paul to update the links on the site. I have been promised that any
redirect links at http://www.webbased.co.uk/mca/ will remain active for
at least a month after a leave.

I have already been offered some PostgreSQL-related work which will
allow me to continue with my role as unofficial PostGIS Win32 maintainer
on the Refractions site for the near future; if this changes then I will
be sure to let the community know with as much notice as I can give.

I am currently in the process of setting up a website offering my
services which will soon go live at http://www.ilande.co.uk; in the
meantime, if anyone wishes to contact me regarding PostgreSQL/PostGIS
work or any other queries, please use my new email address
mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk rather than my webbased.co.uk address.

Finally, a big thank you to all the members in the PostGIS community who
have been really supportive of my work so far; from the early days
particularly Paul Ramsey, David Blasby and Sandro Santilli, but also
everyone else I have come into contact with who has donated time and
effort to help maintain the high standard of the PostGIS project - keep
up the good work!

Kind regards,

Mark.