[postgis-devel] Re: CVS to SVN move

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Wed Jul 26 00:33:59 PDT 2006

Hi, Paul,

Paul Ramsey wrote:

> Thanks for bugging me about this again.

I didn't want to offend you, sorry.

> To recap from before, my big
> problem was taking the current postgis and geos modules in the one CVS
> repository and splitting them into two svn respositories, but it turns
> out that the way I was doing it (cvs2svn on the whole CVS archive, then
> svndumpfilter to try and break them apart) was way more complex than I
> had to be.  Simply pointing cvs2svn into the module I wanted achieved
> exactly the effect I was looking for.

Oh, I didn't think about splitting the code into two different
repositores, only about reorganizing inside the repository.

Yes, if you want to split your code into different repositories, this
will be the easiest way, I think.

> So, I am officially ready to move geos and/or postgis into svn.

Congratulations!

> Which should go first, and when?

I don't have any preferences, and yesterday? :-)

To be serious: Just announce the move on the mailing lists, then shut
down the CVS server, move, and start the SVN server.

In python community, you'd be the BDFL, so you decide.

Thanks for your work,
Markus