[postgis-devel] Comparing Mysql Spatial extension with postgis

Parang Saraf Parang.Saraf at iitkgp.ac.in
Tue May 9 09:11:32 PDT 2006

hello,

I am relatively new in this field. I am designing a database to store the
events extracted from the oceans. This project later demands of publishing
data on web. I am not able to decide which database to use. Mysql with
spatial extension or the postgis one. I would prefer to use windows platform.

Can someone suggest or can provide me with some links that compare the two
databases.
Also it would be great if i can get the limitations of the postgis.

Thanks and Regards
Parang Saraf
 parang.saraf at gmail.com