[postgis-devel] Re: [postgis-users] GEOS crashing PostgreSQL?

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Wed Oct 25 06:00:43 PDT 2006

Hi, Strk,

strk at refractions.net wrote:

>> That fixes the regression tests on AMD64, at least against GEOS 2.2.1 (I
>> don't have 2.2.3 around yet.)
>
> Cool, can you now try to get a segfault by runnign it against GEOS-3.0.0-RC1?
> (it will help verifying the bug is fixed in geos TRUNK)

I tried to, but I cannot get liblwgeom.so to link against it.

Despite the fact that I run
  ./configure   --with-geos=/home/schabi/postgis/geosbin/bin/geos-config
   --with-geos-libdir=/home/schabi/postgis/geosbin/lib
ldd insists that liblwgeom.so links to /usr/lib/libgeos_c.so.1

Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH fixes ldd output, but I cannot do that as there
are other developers on the same postmaster.

GCC is called with "-L/home/schabi/postgis/geosbin/lib -lgeos_c
-L/usr/lib -lproj -o liblwgeom.so.1.1" so that seems correct...

Is there any option I can use to include the correct, absolute path into
liblwgeom.so?

Btw, when compiling, I get the following warnings:

vsprintf.c: In function 'vasprintf':
vsprintf.c:135: warning: passing argument 3 of 'int_vasprintf' from
incompatible pointer type

In file included from lwgeom_geos_c.c:10:
/home/schabi/postgis/geosbin//include/geos_c.h:310: warning: type
qualifiers ignored on function return type
/home/schabi/postgis/geosbin//include/geos_c.h:323: warning: type
qualifiers ignored on function return type
/home/schabi/postgis/geosbin//include/geos_c.h:330: warning: type
qualifiers ignored on function return type
/home/schabi/postgis/geosbin//include/geos_c.h:339: warning: type
qualifiers ignored on function return type
lwgeom_geos_c.c: In function 'ptarray_from_GEOSCoordSeq':
lwgeom_geos_c.c:2252: warning: passing argument 2 of
'GEOSCoordSeq_getSize' from incompatible pointer type
lwgeom_geos_c.c:2261: warning: passing argument 2 of
'GEOSCoordSeq_getDimensions' from incompatible pointer type

lwgeom_chip.c: In function 'CHIP_in':
lwgeom_chip.c:128: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument
4 has type 'long unsigned int'

HTH,
Markus

www.nosoftwarepatents.org