[postgis-devel] Re: PostGIS datastore creation

Chris Hodgson chodgson at refractions.net
Wed Sep 20 11:20:39 PDT 2006

> I think the only consequence of my thought is to move whatever
> template/stored procedure creation out of 'make install' and into
> a script $(prefix)/bin/postgis-setup.

Sorry Greg, I misunderstood.

The issue then, is that the actual template database creation script
(postgis-setup) has be be "made" during the postgis compilation process,
for whatever platform you are compiling it for. In addition, the postgis
installer (package manager script, or windows installer) would need to
run the postgis setup script, probably with a parameter specifying the
location of the postgis.sql script (and also port, username and
password). Mark's comment makes alot more sense to me in this context as
well, however a "remote setup" is probably impossible to do reliably
(besides being unnecessary) because the postgis.sql file would have to
be local.

Chris