[postgis-devel] Re: jar in repository

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Wed Sep 27 03:26:28 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 11:35 +0200, Markus Schaber wrote:
> Hi, Strk,
>
> strk wrote:
> > Markus, I noticed we have a .jar file in the repository.
> > Why is that ? Can't we build it from sources with free software tools ?
>
> It was a mistake when checking in the EJB3 code.
>
> It's just a copy of the normal postgis.jar that's needed to compile the
> EJB3 code, it was part of the archive file when I unpacked, and I forgot
> to ignore it when checking in.
>
> It's removed now, together with a clarification in the README.
>

> HTH,
> Markus

Hi Markus,

With respect to the Win32 installer, which parts of the Java code do you
feel should be included? I'm happy to include the main JDBC driver but
it seems a bit excessive to include the EJB files. As strk suggests,
perhaps it may be worth spinning the Java files out into a separate
project so we could point users to download the EJB JARs from the
PostGIS site if they require it?

Kind regards,

Mark.