[postgis-devel] postgis_proc_upgrade.pl dropping aggregates

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Wed Aug 22 14:11:02 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-22 at 10:50 -0400, Obe, Regina wrote:
> Nope didn't show up at all to my recollection and actually everything
> else upgraded nicely except for the aggregate functions as far as I can
> tell.  e.g. I got the new st_dwithin and st_within, st_coveredby etc
> functions.  After upgrade didn't say I needed to upgrade procs.
>
> I don't think going from 1.2.1 to 1.3.1 is considered a major upgrade or
> is it?

Well... the issue is that the upgrade scripts allows the SQL function
definitions to be upgraded, although some people would argue that adding
new ones would constitute a new API change. I think that it was
originally written to allow the PLPGSQL database functions to be
upgraded for minor releases without having to remove and reload
everything. So I guess the thought was that other things, such as the
index opclasses, aggregates, operators etc. wouldn't change over a minor
series which is why the script ignores these - so some extra work will
be needed here I think :(

ATB,

Mark.

--