[postgis-devel] Warnings compiling PostGIS 1.2.1 with GEOS 3 RC4

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Thu Feb 8 14:39:13 PST 2007

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 09:46:22PM +0000, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> lwgeom_geos_c.c: In function `GEOS2LWGEOM':
> lwgeom_geos_c.c:2430: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from
> pointer target type
> lwgeom_geos_c.c:2439: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from
> pointer target type
..

These are known issues related to the GEOSCoordSeq, GEOSGeom etc
abstract data types, making it impossible to properly define const
versions of them. We fixed this in GEOS by providing additional
types with the pointer *not* hidden:

GEOSCoordSequence and GEOSGeometry.

PostGIS is currently using the compatibility definition left
in geos_c.h. Using the new ones is likely possible but will
take some attention for builds against older GEOS.