[postgis-devel] Proposal: creation of 1.1 branch in PostGIS SVN

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Tue Jan 9 11:53:15 PST 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 08:35 -0800, Paul Ramsey wrote:

> >> What I'd like to suggest is the following:
> >>
> >> 1. Copy the contents of http://svn.refractions.net/postgis/tags/1.1.6/
> >> to http://svn.refractions.net/postgis/branches/1.1/
> >>
> >> 2. Backpatch the following patches (mainly GiST NULL related):
> >>
> >> http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-commits/2006-December/000008.html
> >> http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-commits/2006-December/000009.html
> >> http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-commits/2006-December/000010.html
> >> http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-commits/2006-December/000011.html
> >> http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-commits/2007-January/000017.html
> >>
> >> Markus, please let me know if you think any of the JDBC patches should
> >> go into the 1.1 branch.
> >>
> >> 3. Push out a fixed 1.1.7 release for inclusion in the PostgreSQL Win32
> >> installer.

Hi everyone,

All done. I've created the 1.1 branch and backported the above fixes
into the 1.1 branch. This should be enough to solve the Win32 problems,
but there are a couple of other patches that may be useful such as the
GEOS LDFLAGS patch and the lwgeom_gist.c macro patch for older versions
of GCC. Anyone feel strongly enough to want these or any other patches
in a back branch?

Kind regards,

Mark.