[postgis-devel] PostGIS release

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Tue Jul 10 15:35:44 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 14:20 -0700, Mark Leslie wrote:
> We're looking to push out a PostGIS release by Friday.  Since we've
> completely changed our function naming, it seems appropriate to make
> this version 1.3.0.
> Does anyone have any outstanding fixes or functionality they need to get
> in before a release?
> Mark

Hi Mark,

I think the following two issues in the bug tracker should be resolved
before the next release:

http://postgis.refractions.net/bugs/bug.php?op=show&bugid=156&pos=7
http://postgis.refractions.net/bugs/bug.php?op=show&bugid=157&pos=8

If some can offer SSH access on an OS X Mac, I'd be willing to take a
look at #157 since it could be related to the transform caching code. I
think also #156 should be fixed as well, since I've done a couple of
imports and had the console flooded with these warnings which got fairly
irritating after a short space of time.

Sadly spare time hasn't materialised to look at rewriting template_gis,
although we could just remove it from the default build if you really
need to have something ready for Friday. I also haven't had a chance to
test a Win32 build yet; sometimes the regression tests need to be
tweaked in order to make sure they work with Win32.

Finally, has anyone worked out what was happening for Michael here?
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-devel/2007-July/002621.html. This really should be looked at before the release.

ATB,

Mark.

--