[postgis-devel] PostGIS release

Stephen Frost sfrost at snowman.net
Tue Jul 10 17:25:25 PDT 2007

* Paul Ramsey (pramsey at refractions.net) wrote:
> What's the story w/ extra/debian? Is it old and superannuated? I don't want
> to take it out and then have someone run screaming to me about it...

It's old and wayyy out of date..  It's also not used (in fact, I don't
think it's *ever* been used) for the official Debian packages.  If
anyone wants to look at what's used it's here:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-grass/packages/postgis/?rev=0&sc=0

Having something different, old, and no longer valid in the upstream
source is downright confusing.  It really needs to go.  If you think
people might come asking for it, archive it off somewhere.

	Thanks,

		Stephen