[postgis-devel] Bogus PROJ4 memory context definition crashes Postgres

Tom Lane tgl at sss.pgh.pa.us
Wed Jul 11 12:03:55 PDT 2007

If an "out of memory" condition occurs while using transform(),
Postgres will crash every time, because the memory manager code
will try to dump memory context stats to the postmaster log ...
and the Postgis code doesn't provide a stats method for its custom
memory context type.  Providing this method type is not optional.

I do not think the reset and is_empty methods are optional either,
although I don't have such a simple example of where they might
get called.

BTW, I would have filed this report at
http://postgis.refractions.net/bugs/, except I don't have an
account there and there is no way offered to create one.
Is this a by-invitation-only bug tracker?

			regards, tom lane