[postgis-devel] PATCH: Test PostgreSQL 8.3 patch for PostGIS

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Sun Jun 3 07:38:50 PDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-02 at 21:30 -0600, Michael Fuhr wrote:

> Here's a regression test patch for the PIP bug, which appears to
> be fixed now.

Cool. Looking over Mark's commit it appears that he's committed
something along these lines with his fix. Do your test cases match the
ones in the commit here?
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-commits/2007-June/000072.html.

> I've also attached a patch to lwpostgis.sql.in to
> create the bool-to-text cast only for PostgreSQL versions earlier
> than 8.3 because those casts were just added to 8.3, causing the
> CREATE CAST to fail.

*blinks* now that IS a surprise. While PostGIS should be free to
determine the casting rules for its own types, it doesn't seem right to
be adding casts for internal PostgreSQL data types. Do the regression
tests pass without the cast in place?

> Aside from the sql-mm test failures due to floating-point differences,
> all regression tests pass for me on the following systems:
>
>   RHEL AS 4, x86 64-bit, 8.1.9
>   RHEL AS 4, x86 64-bit, 8.2.4
>   RHEL AS 4, x86 64-bit, 8.3devel
>
>   FreeBSD 6.2, x86 32-bit, 8.2.4
>
>   Solaris 9, sparc 32-bit, 8.2.4
>   Solaris 9, sparc 32-bit, 8.3devel
>
>   Solaris 9, sparc 64-bit, 8.3devel
>
> I haven't tested 8.3devel on x86 32-bit yet.

That's OK, as I have that covered here. Thanks again for your help with
the PIP and 8.3 regression tests on all your platforms - it really is
appreciated.

ATB,

Mark.

--