[postgis-devel] Geomtries

Leticia lgomez at itba.edu.ar
Thu Mar 15 05:06:16 PDT 2007

Hi, I need to build a new index. It is similar to R-tree but their entries
nodes contains not only the MBRs but some numeric information.

I am using a "CREATE TYPE" in order to create the data type for the table.
The SQL sentences look like

.

CREATE TYPE New_Type

(

   internallength = -1,

   input = New_Type_IN,

   output = New_Type_OUT,

   storage= plain

);

.

CREATE TABLE proof (col   New_type);

CREATE INDEX anIndex ON proof USING GiST(  col   New_Type_Ops);

.

As I am creating an opaque data type, I need to create an equivalent one in
C language. I need something like this:

/* C language */

typedef struct My_New_Type

{

    ???  geometry;

    float4  number;

} My_New_Type;

Which kind of Postgis data type must I use in the "geometry" field
structure.

As the "My_New_Type" will be stored as the "col" attribute in the table, I
need it not to be a "pointer" so I can't declare as PG_LWGEOM, LWGEOM, etc.

Could you help me?

Thanks in advance,

Leticia