[postgis-devel] Moving towards a 1.2.2 release?

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Mon May 14 11:16:02 PDT 2007

Hi folks,

I've just committed some changes to SVN and was wondering how people
were feeling about releasing a 1.2.2 sometime soon? The main reason for
asking is that the pginstaller folks are asking about binaries for the
upcoming Win32 8.3 release, and it would be good to get out a version on
day 1 that fixes the PIP shortcut bug.

AFAICT the outstanding issues are:

1. Renaming template_gis -> template_postgis as agreed in the original
thread at
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-devel/2007-January/002477.html. I'm tempted to move template_postgis under utils/ as suggested by strk. While I believe that the current issue of /etc/default writing outside of the tree has been fixed in SVN, the existing code has lots of Debian specific things in there. I intend to come up with a patch just to fix the name issue, then maybe think about removing the Debian specific stuff later. Will this affect Debian maintainers in any way?

2. Confirm the recent GEOS C-API/autoconf changes haven't broken any of
the more unusual PostGIS platforms. If anyone could test these, that
would be great.

3. Compiling and regression testing against a PostgreSQL 8.3 tree. Most
versions tend to break the index code, and I'd be surprised if 8.3 was
any different. There are likely to be some small fixes needed here.

Any other thoughts/outstanding issues?

Kind regards,

Mark.

--