[postgis-devel] Preparation for 1.3.2 release #2

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Mon Nov 19 06:38:05 PST 2007

Hi folks,

I'm in the process of pulling together patches/bugs etc. to see what we
have outstanding for another release. So far I have the following:

shp2pgsql patch:
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2007-September/017165.html

- Looks fairly simple, should be able to get this done before the end of
play today.

build.xml patch:
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-devel/2007-October/002849.html

- Change the main JDBC driver to use Ant instead of make, to bring this
in line with the all the other Java drivers. As yet, the build.xml
doesn't support JTS builds so I'm intending to commit the new file, and
change the Makefile so it issues a warning that the make build is
deprecated and users should use Ant instead. Sound reasonable? I've
tested the build.xml here on both Linux and Win32 and everything seems
to work without any problems, so I hope to get this done by end of play
today aswell.

Note to Refractions: once this is committed, would you be interested in
changing the JDBC driver nightly builds to use ant instead of make?

(E)WKB parser allows invalid geometries to be input
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2007-November/017724.html

- This looks quite a scary one to patch; especially if people already
have invalid geometries in their databases. I would like to spend some
time fixing this over the next few weeks, however I am wary that this
could cause problems with upgrades from older 1.3.x versions failing :(
Comments anyone?

Windows NAD/datum shift files
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2007-October/017462.html

- I'd like to slightly alter the PROJ.4 code so that it adds a reference
to $sharedir/contrib/postgis/nad to the grid search path to enable
datum-shift grid files to be added to standalone installations
(particularly Windows). This will probably take a few days to sort (not
sure exactly when I'll have the time to pick this up), however if
possible it would be good to get this into 1.3.2 as it already seems to
be an issue according to the thread above.

Any other bugs/comments?

ATB,

Mark.

--