[postgis-devel] Issue 34 in postgis: .prj creation by pgsql2shp

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Tue Dec 9 02:04:23 PST 2008

Comment #10 on issue 34 by mark.cav... at siriusit.co.uk: .prj creation by
pgsql2shp
http://code.google.com/p/postgis/issues/detail?id=34

I've quickly reviewed your applied patch and have a couple of minor
comments:

- Even though you've used malloc() instead if snprintf(), I still think the
calculation is wrong. In the code, you have "if ( schema ) size +=
strlen(schema)",
but then in the first query you reference schema twice. So I'm thinking
this should
be something like "size += 2 * strlen(schema)" instead. And this may also
be the same
for the table name and the geo-column name.

- Slight typo in your block comment (havshort)

- protect_quotes_string_noiconv(). I don't think you need this, as code to
handle
this is already built into libpq. See
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/libpq-exec.html#LIBPQ-EXEC-ESCAPE-STRING
for some examples.