[postgis-devel] Re: [postgis-users] how to identify the_geom that cause : RelateOperation called withLWGEOMCOLLECTION type

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Dec 10 04:48:35 PST 2008

Kevin Neufeld wrote:

> Thanx Mark,
>
> Here's an updated patch.  I didn't put the truncation logic in a
> separate function yet since I'm not sure about freeing the memory of a
> returned char* (looking through the code, sometimes pfree is called, and
> other times it's not).
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Please see the new lwmessage_truncate() function I have just committed
to liblwgeom in trunk - it should now just be a matter of feeding in the
right numbers :)

Note the function returns a newly-palloced() string, but in the case of
throwing an ERROR, I suspect that the query memory context is destroyed
automatically and hence will pfree() the string as part of that process.

HTH,

Mark.

--
Mark Cave-Ayland