[postgis-devel] Issue 83 in postgis: ST_Multi on curved polygon gives ERROR: Unknown geometry type: 0

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sun Dec 14 14:45:18 PST 2008

Comment #2 on issue 83 by robe.... at cityofboston.gov: ST_Multi on curved
polygon gives ERROR:  Unknown geometry type: 0
http://code.google.com/p/postgis/issues/detail?id=83

I think the reason it didn't fail in 1.3.3 is before the logic was if type
> ... then
it is a MULTI, so it always treated that as a Multigeometry and didn't do
anything
with it (which probably broke other functions) which used the same silly
logic.

Perhaps we should just leave this one to think about more.  And just raise
it as
something that was working that is now broken for now.  I doubt it is a
common use
case even among people that use circular strings.