[postgis-devel] Trouble compiling 1.4 under MingW

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Thu Dec 18 05:14:38 PST 2008

Obe, Regina wrote:

> Now that I finally have my MinGW environment sort of working.
>
> 1) I was able to successfully compile the 1.3 SVN branch under MinGW
>
> But when I attempted to accomplish the same feat for 1.4 -- I get the
> below error when doing the
>
> sh autogen.sh

> $ sh autogen.sh
> configure.ac:108: error: possibly undefined macro: AS_HELP_STRING
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use
> m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation

Yeah. The autotools version supplied with MingW is ancient, so I think I
had to download the latest versions from GNU and install them in MingW.
Alternatively, you can run ./autogen.sh on a Linux box and copy the
resulting configure across to your MingW machine, or in theory the
1.4SVN snapshot .tar.gz should contain configure pre-generated by the
automated build system.

HTH,

Mark.

--