[postgis-devel] Testing ST_LineMerge issue

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri Dec 19 03:23:55 PST 2008

Obe, Regina wrote:

> Now there are 2 issues here.
>
> 1) GEOS ST_LineMerge is obviously not smart enough to realize that
> linemerging something like that is silly.

Ooops :)

> 2) ST_MakeLine lets you get away with creating this monstrosity.  Which
> hmm I suppose there are reasons why someone may want to, but perhaps we
> shouldn't go there.

This reminds me actually, what is the OGC-SFS take on repeated points? I
  don't remember seeing any mention of this in any of the
parser/unparser work I did earlier, although it seems to be required for
a geometry to be valid. So is it also required for a geometry to be simple?

ATB,

Mark.

--
Mark Cave-Ayland