[postgis-devel] Location Of LWAlgorithms

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Wed Dec 24 07:36:04 PST 2008

Oops I meant to say

What walks? vs. What does a thing do?
How do things walk? vs. How does a thing do actions?

But then when you start getting into the interaction of two geometry
types -- e.g. Distance are we in agreement that
that that can't be neatly stuffed in with the geometry files?

Though I can't see how you can completely extricate the What walks/How
does a thing walk need given
PostgreSQL's/PostGIS geometry reliance on that single entry stub. So the
main benefit I could think of of an object-oriented approach would be
the ease with which we can introduce new geometry types and remove them,
which I just can't see easily happening anyway given our structure and
given that we have a lot more functions than geometry types, seems more
plausible we'd be doing more remove/shuffle function behavior than
geometry type behavior.