[postgis-devel] Updates to GEOS & POSTGIS

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Mon Jan 21 12:44:28 PST 2008

Historically, we've left sql.in along and put in stubbed functions in
the .c files, in the case of with-GEOS versus without-GEOS.  We could
go whole hog and add GEOS version detection to ./configure.  Might
make things even worse for VCC workers.

As of now, having trolled the code base, there is a geos_version.sh
script which can write the version into a #define for use elsewhere.
The only running code that works with version is the run-time version
print-out in postgis_geos_version().

The most elegant thing would be to put it into ./configure, IMO, but
I'm not sure that's the most *useful* thing.