[postgis-devel] Rebranding proposal for SVN HEAD

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Thu Jul 3 06:56:20 PDT 2008

> I can't say that I'm too excited about that one - I like just being
able
> to have an active PostGIS database with a single psql command. OTOH it

> should be possible to generate a single.sql file from multiple sources

>  as part of the build process if that helps?

Actually I like that idea better of just having one .sql file to run.  I
guess I wanted to separate the function definition  from the metadata
comments - since it would be conceivably separate people working on each
and/or if we are generating the meta data comments directly from the
docs it would seem harder to upgrade if those comments are intermingled
with the function definitions.

So would something like

postgis_core.sql.in , postgis_comments.sql.in -> postgis.sql

be doable?

Thanks,
Regina