[postgis-devel] Configure step - Mac OsX

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Mon Jul 14 03:31:56 PDT 2008

Courtin Olivier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On my Mac OS 10.5, i met few errors with the PostGIS trunk configure step,
> so a little patch with following;
>
> - xsl stylesheet is a need for documentation, but not for Postgis build
> - nice user message with ./configure --help
> - libiconv flag when AC_CHECK_LIB don't return -liconv in $LIBS
>
> HTH,
>

> --
> Olivier

Hi Olivier,

Many thanks for your feedback. As you probably appreciate, SVN trunk is
currently an active work in progress and so is less well tested across
multiple OSs ;)

I've applied parts of this patch to SVN trunk, in particular the changes
to the documentation Makefile. Looking at the parts of the patch related
to configure --help, I can see that there is actually an AS_HELP_STRING
macro that will do the output formatting for you, so I have made use of
that instead.

The part of the patch related to changing XSLBASE errors into warnings
is not needed, since the real problem was that the checking of the value
should only have been done if an explicit --with-xsldir parameter was
specified on the command line - your documentation Makefile changes will
resolve the remaining issues here.

I'm currently re-working the missing linker flag part of the patch (and
will apply shortly). The problem was I didn't realise that LIBS didn't
get automatically set if the AC_CHECK_LIB() action-if-found is set.

ATB,

Mark.

--
Mark Cave-Ayland