[postgis-devel] Docbook ID's and <a name> links

Dane Springmeyer blake at hailmail.net
Mon Jul 14 12:49:18 PDT 2008

I find the ability to link to a specific a named term in the postgis
documentation very useful.

ie: http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-svn/ch06.html#AddGeometryColumn

I can see that Docbook xsl turns entries with ID's like:

<varlistentry id="AddGeometryColumn">
           <term>AddGeometryColumn(varchar, varchar, varchar, integer,
varchar, integer)</term>

into:

<a name="AddGeometryColumn"></a><span
class="term">AddGeometryColumn(varchar, varchar, varchar, integer,
varchar, integer)</span>

I'm wondering if there are any customization hooks with Docbook such
that the reference.xml terms could be transformed into something more
like:

<a name="AddGeometryColumn" href="#AddGeometryColumn"><span
class="term" id="AddGeometryColumn">AddGeometryColumn(varchar,
varchar, varchar, integer, varchar, integer)</span></a>

This latter option would allow each entry title to be a hyperlink to
itself and a quick click will give you the appropriate direct link in
the browser address bar.

Anyone know the right way to approach this given the current use of
Docbook?

Thanks,

Dane