[postgis-devel] Nice diagrams

Kevin Neufeld kneufeld at refractions.net
Wed Jul 16 09:27:09 PDT 2008

Ah yes, that's a good point.  The images were taken using OpenJUMP's
screenshot feature and modified using PhotoShop.  I suppose I could save
the features as small shapefiles, jml, or gml, but it would be nice to
save the styling as well (which doesn't work yet in JUMP).  (Personally,
I like the drop shadows, which obviously JUMP can't do as well).

Does anyone have any suggestions how we could standardize this?  Perhaps
a GIS editor I'm unware of that can perform nice rendering so all we
have to do is load a project file and take some screen shots.  Or,
alternatively, we just agree on a color theme, image size, etc. and save
the features as WKT in an images_src directory.  (Is there an opensource
picture editor out there that can do drop shadows?)

Cheers,
Kevin