[postgis-devel] Nice diagrams

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Sun Jul 20 01:19:27 PDT 2008

Here is a silly thought.  Why don't we use image magick? It can support both postscript and svg.
http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/draw/#svg

 I tried these simple commands on the svg file that Gustavo provided using my image magick install and got the attached results.  Of course to get the postscript, you need ghostscript installed which I'm not sure how hard that is on Linux.  The windows binary already has the svg driver compiled in and ghostscript is a simple install on windows.

convert drawing1.svg drawing1.png
convert drawing1.svg drawing1.eps

The other nice thing about using imagemagick is that we can come up with some jazzy effect like Kevin's that we can apply to all the images to make them look consistent  - e.g

http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/advanced/#3d-logos-2

Thanks,
Regina