[postgis-devel] @@LAST_RELEASE_VERSION@@ substitution fails in SVN trunk

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Mon Jul 21 14:25:30 PDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I've been looking at the new documentation in SVN trunk with regard to
submitting patches, and I've noticed that according to the Makefile, the
@@LAST_RELEASE_VERSION@@ substitution is only being performed on the
postgis.xml file. Since the documentation has now been split into multiple
parts, it means the substitution is missing from several places; for
example look at this page here:
http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-svn/ch02.html.

I'm wondering if there is a way of definining the version number as an
entity at the top of postgis.xml (similar to the external references) so
that it automatically gets substituted throughout the rest of the
documentation. Anyone know if this is possible?

ATB,

Mark.

--
Mark Cave-Ayland