[postgis-devel] Using --with-pgconfig in Makefile.in

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Mon Jul 28 03:11:27 PDT 2008

Jorgen Austvik - Sun Norway wrote:
> Hi,
>
> with-pgconfig/with-pgsql[1] are not used in PostGIS make files (it will
> use pg_config from PATH instead of the pg_config supplied to configure).
>
> Attached is a patch which fixes this issue for me.

Thanks for the patch. I've applied this to SVN.

> In addition topology/Makefile has the same issue, but I didn't find a
> Makefile.in there, so I haven't fixed it in the attached patch. Maybe it
> is time to create a Makefile.in file in the topology folder too?

Yes, I think this is required. If you do an SVN update you should find
that the topology Makefile is now generated using autoconf.

> [1]
> configure says:
>   --with-pgconfig=FILE    specify an alternative pg_config file
> while README.postgis says:
>  You can specify it using the --with-pgsql=/path/to/pg_config flag.
>
> Maybe the readme should be updated?

Yeah, that's my fault. The build system has been totally re-written in
SVN trunk so I need to find the time to update the documentation to
reflect the changes. Thanks for testing the SVN trunk version :)

ATB,

Mark.

--
Mark Cave-Ayland