[postgis-devel] Re: [postgis-users] GIST index speed

Martin Davis mbdavis at refractions.net
Fri Jun 20 09:01:26 PDT 2008

Yes, GEOS has CoordinateSequences, and in fact these were introduced
first in GEOS to allow exactly this option.  I assumed that this was
already being done - someone correct this if it's wrong.

The PreparedGeometry concept is in GEOS as well.  It is another,
possibly more important use for caching.  It caches a lot of data
structures, which provides a major speedup for spatial predicates.

--
Martin Davis
Senior Technical Architect