[postgis-devel] postgis and hibernate

Dave Potts dave.potts at pinan.co.uk
Mon Mar 17 17:51:13 PDT 2008

Whats the recommed way of using hibernate with postgis?

Is it to use Norman Bakers postgis data type or would I be better off
having a look at the Hibernate spatial project at
http://www.hibernatespatial.org.

I would perfer to juse Normas method because the source is avaible and
does, require the jts library, although I am having some slight problems
with the setParameter method.

Its possible for me to query objects that already exist in the database,
possible for me load items from the database.  But if I use the
setParamter request to copy a valid geometry object in, I get an
PSQLException quoting a parse error suggesting an invalid geoemtry and
an X000 error from postgres.

Dave.