[postgis-devel] non-google bug report, postgres seg fault when comparing geometries

Cliff Wright cliff at snipe444.org
Fri Mar 28 11:16:33 PDT 2008

The bug tracker kept asking me to get a google account to report a bug,
which I do not want, so am using this process instead.
When using mapnik to display a NOAA nautical chart a postgres server seg faulted while comparing geometries from 2 different tables.
I did not isolate the exact comparison, however the core dump did indicate
which line and file caused the problem. looking at the code I see a memory
free was called apparently pointing at the wrong object. The same free
is used a couple of lines later pointing at the correct object. The patch
attached shows the fix I used. I was using version 1.3.1, however see the same
bug in subversion.

--
Cliff Wright <cliff at snipe444.org>