[postgis-devel] Issue 69 in postgis: ST_Translate crashes when fed circular string

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Nov 6 10:19:18 PST 2008

Issue 69: ST_Translate crashes when fed circular string
http://code.google.com/p/postgis/issues/detail?id=69

Comment #2 by robe.... at cityofboston.gov:
Mark,

I've been looking at this one too and I fear this one may be a tad bit more
complicated so maybe the best we can do is throw an error for 1.3.4 to
prevent the
function from crashing and revisit in 1.4.  There are a couple of areas
that may be
the culprit starting in the
lwgeom_affine_recursive in lwgeom_functions_basic.c

1) There is an assumption here that all geometries can be broken down to
LWPOINTS, LWLINES, LWPOLYS.  In the case of curve - I think we would need
to add
LWCURVE, LWCURVEPOLY to the mix.

2) The fact that it crashes and doesn't just return a null leads me to
believe one of
the lwgeom_*_inspected is doing something funky with CURVE types.

So I guess the good news is that if we fix these dependency functions, it
will
probably fix a whole class of non-GEOS PostGIS functions that don't
currently work
with CURVES.

Paul or the other Mark (Leslie),

I recall Paul saying Mark Leslie is working on curve support fixes.  Does
that include
fixing Affine or the aforementioned dependency functions?  Don't want to
step on
anyone's toes when I come across these things that don't work if they are
already
work in progress.

Anyrate maybe I'll test some more functions with curved geometries - and
come back to
this one and maybe get a better idea of the class of functions that don't
work with
curves to better find the smoking guns.

Thanks,
Regina