[postgis-devel] README patch and \set ON_ERROR_STOP

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 03:46:21 PST 2008

strk wrote:

> Is there any counter-argument about adding an '/set ON_ERROR_STOP'
> directive on top of lwpostgis.sql ?
> It is much nicer to see what goes wrong on spatially-enabling
> a database. Supposedly available starting with version 8.1, but
> does it any harm for previous versions ?

The policy for SVN trunk is that we only support PostgreSQL 8.1+, so
that's fine with me. The main issue I have with this is that adding the
above means that the file will only work with psql, and that doesn't
seem a particularly good idea (I know that EDB use their own customised
loader, for example).

Perhaps the nicer solution would be to change the instructions so that
ON_ERROR_STOP is fed in as an option to psql?

> Beside, following is a patch for README.postgis

Applied.

ATB,

Mark.

--