[postgis-devel] Issue 51 in postgis: Enhancement to ST_Summary to include info about invalid geometries

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Nov 27 08:52:02 PST 2008

Comment #2 on issue 51 by robe.... at cityofboston.gov: Enhancement to
ST_Summary to include info about invalid geometries
http://code.google.com/p/postgis/issues/detail?id=51

Not sure I'm missing something - but 3.1 compiles but my make check fails
and all my
databases still register as 1.3.4.  This is testing on Open SUSE 11.0/Geos
3.1.0
latest SVN/Postgis 1.4 SVN.

When I look at regress log it gives this error

DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
psql:lwpostgis.sql:55: ERROR:  could not load library
"/usr/lib/postgresql/lwpostgis.so": /usr/lib/postgresql/lwpostgis.so:
undefined
symbol: GEOSisValidReason

This is on my OpenSUSE 11.0 box and this is the first time I compiled
postgis 1.4 on
this box so could be something wrong with my install.

Also I was going to ask this before but 1.3.4 when you do all the configure
stuff, it
lists the paths of the things its going to use.  1.4 doesn't do that.  Is
there a
reason why 1.4 doesn't do that?  I thought it a nice feature of 1.3.4.