[postgis-devel] Compilation problems on OpenSUSE 11

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Thu Nov 27 09:43:06 PST 2008

More info on my compilation problems.

I thought maybe it was a permissions issue so I deleted all the lw and libl files from my /usr/lib/postgresql directory and then ran
compile/make clean/make /make install again on postgis-1.4.0.

After further inspection, it seems that lwpostgis.so is created and copied fine into /usr/lib/postgresql, but
liblwgeom.so  and the symlinks are not.

Looking at the liblwgeom directory of my source - I see a liblwgeom.a  and  liblwgeom.h but no .so files where as the 1.3.4 had these.

and my /usr/lib/postgresql/ directory only contains one file lwpostgis.so
Is this just a difference between 1.4 and 1.3.4 that everything is now in one .so file.

So I take it my problem is with geos-3.1.0.  It seems Paul needed to make a change to that to bring in the new function.  I had originally pulled from the geos-3.1.0SVN nightly build and compiled with that and when that still didn't fix the problem I thought I then pulled from the SVN repository.  I might have been mistaken there so I'm repeating that part and will see how that goes.

Thanks,
Regina