[postgis-devel] 1.3.4

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Tue Oct 14 01:33:48 PDT 2008

Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-10-13 at 10:36 +0100, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
>> i) PostgreSQL 7.2 testing
>>
>> Yes, I know it's really old but it was agreed to keep older version
>> support until 1.4 :(  So we should make sure that everything compiles
>> and passes regression.
>
> ? Why do we have to support a release which was killed by upstream years
> ago? Are there any 7.2 users around?
>
> We should also drop 7.3 support, and get ready to drop support for 7.4
> as of next March or so.

Yeah, I think it's related to some legacy systems still in use by some
people. But fortunately for 1.4 we've already agreed we can move to
something a lot more modern, so this will be the last branch that goes
back this far.

In terms of dropping support for other versions, the main issues moving
forward are the changes in the GiST API, and IIRC the next large set of
changes are related to 8.0...

ATB,

Mark.

--